der pinsel (german: “paint brush”)
der pinsel was born as a creative outlet of a 20-something Canadian of Southeast Asian descent, whose first love has always been the arts. Growing with a penchant for the written word, she decided to take a step towards photography in early 2000s to chronicle life as it changes and unravels in front of her.
Here at derpinsel.com, it is all about painting. The world is the canvas – cameras are used as brushes to record images of people and places, which come together to create moments and memories.
2012, In Transit, [url]
2012, Spaces, curated by Rozette Diaz [url]
2011, Mukha: Faces of Young Filipinos in Winnipeg, Solo Exhibit
2010, Population Chronicle, edited by Nadine S. Ragonjan and Ceazar Ryan Aquino
– Best Photoblog Category Finalist, Philippine Blog Awards 2011
– Believe in Film + Old School Photolab’s Analog Ambassador finalist
– Mukha: An interview with photographer Arianne Angela Solis
– “LOMO” Magazine of Canadian Lomography — Mock Magazine for a design class by RRC Students, 2011
– Best Photoblog Category Finalist, Philippine Blog Awards 2010
– Best Photoblog Category Finalist, Philippine Blog Awards 2009